Viewing The World

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Here Today.....Guatemala






I am challenged today as I sit and attempt to write an overview of how God worked in Guatemala during my time there. I was the leader of a group of college kids from Asbury College that traveled to New Life Children's Home.
Going into the week there were a lot of questions that surrounded the departure. One of my students was without passport(it came a day late so Lori flew in a day late, no big deal!!!), Daniel and Kara my friends and missionaries that we would be working with had just suffered the miscarriage of their first child, and well.....I was traveling with several kids that had never been on a plane much less out of the country.
Another blessing and adjustment that presented itself was the presence of my little brother Tim as a team member. This would be the first time I had ministered to and with someone in my family. I knew that it would present new challenges as I would still need to lead my brother but would also need to let him experience this trip in his own way........as this type of trip is what propelled me into now being in full time ministry.
I must say that the trip was more than I could have expected. God did amazing things in my brothers life. Not just seeing God work but watching Him work in your own little brother is hard to describe.
Being with Daniel and Kara was a huge blessing and just seeing God working in their situation was a bit overwhelming. It was also indescribable watching God use them as they minister to the kids at New Life and build lasting relationships.
Life is good. God is good. The team was great.
Watching God work in the lives of the team, my friends, and my family..........UNREAL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

I love reading about all of your trips, Paul! It does make me a little jealous, but like you and I talked about - this is my season of life to be a mom. It was great to see you last weekend. Take care and call us if you're ever travelling by big Grayson. We're always up for lunch! :)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home